According to Boy Genius Report (BGR), iPhone 4 caught fire while being hooked to a computer using the Apple USB cable.
The user of Apple’s latest iPhone also reportedly suffered minor burn injuries on his hand.
The incident came to light when the phone was taken to an AT&T store for repair. However, the phone was beyond redemption.
The report quotes close AT&T sources saying that a customer had brought the phone to the store in hope of getting it repaired. However, the device had suffered damages beyond repair.
The report also says that a local Apple Store confirmed that the fire was caused due to a defective USB port. The bezel of the device had got extremely hot.This comes after the earlier complaints of poor signal reception on Apple iPhone 4.